Monday 11 July 2011

"Baby Steps" Shabby Chic Mini Album

Wow!  It's been a month already since I last made a post on my blog...shame on me!  Well, the good news is that summer is here...the bad news is, as I am sure everyone can relate, life has gotten crazy busy!  Summer seems to do that to me.

Well, I finished another mini album...finally!  (Even if I have said this before, I'm still gonna say it again...I am a very slow scrapper!!!)  This album was created using Laura Denison's pattern of her "Special Delivery" baby mini album; however, I had to add my own special touches :)  You can purchase a copy of Laura's pattern on her website by clicking on the following link:
http://www.followthepapertrailwithlaura.com/

So, as you can see, I switched the album up immediately by creating a traditional cover for the album instead of making it into a diaper bag:



I also added features that give the parents to be some direction as to what to put into the album.  I've added a small book in the front cover for journalling to baby before he/she is born, a place to write details of baby's time and place of birth, a spot for hand and footprints, and a second mini book in the back cover for recording baby's milestones.

Here are some pictures showcasing my favourite pages from the album:





If you are interested in seeing the complete project, you can view my youtube video giving you all the details:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn0e49bo-FA

ENJOY :)

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous! Was the ribbon binding corset style in her pattern? I've wanted to purchase one of hers. email me if you'd like ldadcock@aol.com

    ReplyDelete